Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lucky

Happy Birthday handsome!

Fourteen years ago I remember picking you up for a hot date to celebrate the day of your birth.  While both slaving away at the books we managed a break from our studies.  We went to your favorite restaurant--Louie's.  We ordered yummy food and were so excited to drench our romaine and iceberg with the trendy dressing of the time--raspberry vinaigrette.  I gave you rag-wool socks and probably a few York Peppermint Patties.  I am pretty sure the night ended with a sweet Birthday kiss!  You were LUCKY.

Now here we are.  You are working your guts out and making it possible for me to stay home to raise the sweet hooligans.  We garnish our baby greens with many new favorites.  You have the softer feet because you're still a fan of special socks.  And, we've traded in the Peppermint Patties for salted caramels.  I am LUCKY.

You challenge me.  You have expectations.  You reach goals.  Together we've been challenged.  Together we've fallen short, met and exceeded expectations.  And, together we have reached goals!  We are both LUCKY.

I love you and hope that you have a wonderful year.

I am so glad that you were born!

7 comments:

s g said...

happy birthday DREW! we are also glad you were born :)

Kaeli & Kyle said...

Happy Birthday Andrew!! HOpe you have a wonderful day!
Miss you guys! :)

gardening said...

Love you guys....a lot! You are both lucky! Really lucky!!

Andrea said...

Gardening--I don't know who you are.

Ashley K. said...

Loved this post. I want some caramels!

gardening said...

Gardening is kellie! I don't know why my name turned into gardening, it used to be kellie_Dayton. Oh well.

Heather said...

What a wonderful tribute to the main man! ANDREW, as we say in the Hyde family, thanks for making such a great family!