Monday, January 12, 2009

The Good, the bad and the BEAUTIFUL!

We are back. Yes--BACK! Holy moley I didn't think it would come. We went to Idaho for a wedding several days before Christmas (stayed a week in fact), then my hunk o' burning love had to come back and work for three days. Since his schedule stradled Christmas we all came back home. Then we left again for what will soon be home. We stayed for two weeks.

Fourteen days.

336 hours.

We are glad to be back in our own space. There's a freedom that comes with it. Freedom to do what you like, when you like. But it's quiet . . . although welcomed, causes me to smile at the privilege of being able to mingle so regularly with people I love for those last several weeks.

The good

We spent lots of time with family. Ate favorite foods. Sumo wrestled. Saw many wonderful friends! Drank lots of hot chocolate. Survived nine flights!!

The bad
We engaged in ZERO exercise (i-yi-yi!) unless you want to count being BLoWn down the mountain at Targhee (yeah, our snowboarding trip was cut short due to poor weather). We hopped from house to house to house so many times that we managed to leave or lose things pretty much everywhere. I determined that I get car sick--or maybe it's just VAN sick. Or maybe it was just the Van's way of getting me back for running the running board over a curb?! (yes, I damaged my sister-in-law's van--YIKES!).

The beautiful

We were able to take three cousins with us on a road trip (yes we had FIVE for a few days) to see other cousins while their mom was on bedrest. We found houses we adore (one of which keeps me up at night because I get so excited thinking about it!!). We ate at a delightful restaurant I can't wait to revisit. Made friends with the flight attendants.

I shall post pictures when I've conquered Mt. Laundry!

11 comments:

Church Fam said...

Sounds like a great trip, except maybe long travel days with kids, Good job on just getting through those. So where is this future home? What an exciting adventure looking for a house is.

Belkycita said...

It is so great to hear from you again!
I can't wait to see pictures. We miss you.

Ashley Kearns said...

Yay, you are back. It was so fun catching up last night. I have been missing our daily phone calls... Can't wait to see the pics.

Smash

Jamie and Ryan said...

What a whirl wind it sounds like. Not unlike ours as well, except for the plane rides! I am anxious to hear where this future home is as well. Close to us!? Always fun to see how you are doing.

Jamie and Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie and Ryan said...

I deleted my post because I accidentally hit send twice so it was the same one as above. I always wonder who deleted when I see it so I thought I would tell you. It's late and I'm ready for bed if you can't tell! hahaha

Cailean said...

Must post about sumo wrestling!! How could you mention that and not say more or post pictures :) I hope you're rested up for LOST!

Shannon Morgan Photography - Bainbridge Island, WA Photographer said...

were is the next home? sounds like a jam packed vacation!! thanks for you comments on my blog! hey i need your physical address! i need to send you something so shoot me an email. shannonmorgan43@hotmail.com

s g said...

what a fun trip, I am so glad you made it back and forth and survived all the plane rides...sorry about the mini-van incident, what a bummer, but that was so nice of you to take 3 kids for 5 days, wow.

I want to hear about the house you dream about...sounds fab!

Kaeli & Kyle said...

We had so much fun with the little time we spent with you. We got home from dinner and the game and Kyle said, "I wish they lived closer so we could do that more often!" It made my heart LEAP! Thanks for dinner it was a blast, and thanks for the lending ear! Youre always great with that. Im happy for you that youre home! Love you all!

Eliason Style said...

Jamie, thanks for letting us all know about your deleted post. I always wonder what kind of scandalous things somebody wrote. So, good to know it was just a repeat. ANYWAY, Andrea, it must be SO GOOD to be home. I love coming home after a long trip. It was great to see you, and I hope you get your dream house!