Friday, June 25, 2010

So. Much. Fun.

Fifty years!   
Yes, my in-laws have been married for 50 years.  We celebrated in Mexico with all of their children and it was really great.  A BIG thank you to the nieces and nephews who watched all of the little people (minus Carmen, she was clearly along for the fun!).  

My top ten memories from the trip:
  1. Waking up to the birds at 5:45 am.  Really it was a treat.  The garden at the place we stayed had this huge cage of birds in it.  Waking up to them reminded me that we were in jungle territory.
  2. Carlos' enchiladas.  Oh they were so good.  I wish I would have watched him make them.  
  3. The Mayan Ruins, specifically Ek Balam.
  4. Swimming in cenotes.
  5. Guac and pico EVERY day!  And I did not have to make it.
  6. Attempting to speak Spanish--I should really send thank you notes to those who endured it.
  7. Listening to my guy speak Spanish--English does not elicit such excitement and passion in his everyday conversations.  
  8. Do I dare say food again??  Okay, yes, Limonadas--I did have Carlos teach me that one.   
  9. The towel creations--on our beds.   
  10. Being able to i-chat with our kids and knowing they were in great hands!
p.s. I have NO idea why it's spacing things like this . . .

8 comments:

Elise said...

Wow - sounds like a fabulous time! Congrats.

*katie said...

So fun! My parents are just 10 years behind them...I better tell them to start planning a trip to Mexico!

Emily said...

Sounds amazing, Andrea! I'm so happy that you were able to get away and enjoy it so much!

P.S. My blog is spacing things like that too!

Brooke said...

Looks and sounds so fun. I want to hear more . . . let's chat soon!

s g said...

look at your new bloggage...so impressed. sounds like a fun week, can't wait to see you guys this weekend!!!

Arbon Family said...

Really- You just had a baby! You look fabulous! What a fun time- and such a well deserved break!

gardening said...

It is one of our very best memories!!

LizzyP said...

So good to see you on this blog. And you totally deserved MEXICO! Sounds like a dream.