Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Bejeweled Birthday

I'm five, I'm FIVE, I'm a big girl now I'm FIVE

Yes, it was S#1's day on Monday. She's been so very excited and anticipating so many things. I am not sure which part was more FABULOUS for her:
  1. Going out on a date with dad--shopping and lunch. The hunk o' burning love LOVES to shop and S#1 loves to try stuff on. Can you imagine the fun?
  2. Getting to chew GUM for the first time. Legally at least--at age 3 she asked for a piece and I desperately threw out an age at which I thought she could manage a wad of sticky gooey stuff in her mouth. Five seemed so far away.
The two were gone for what seemed to be hours. I missed them both. And S#2, boy the kid looked out the window for his sis and dad every 20 minutes. I guess I should say we both missed them. Our together time was nice though.

For Christmas S#1 received a skirt (the LOOOOONG one she requested on her Christmas list) from her grandparents (thank you for looking HIGH and low and making her wish come true). It came equipped with a BEJEWELED belt that my little fashionista adores. Fortunately for the sweetheart the top accompanying the skirt is also BEJEWELED! Oh the jewels. Please direct your eyes to the shoes in the picture below. Yes, the are BEJEWELED. She is thrilled!

Happy Birthday kiddo--you have definitely added life to my every day!

14 comments:

Amy said...

Cute kids. And she's five? Wow.

Denita said...

It goes by so fast! My oldest also just turned 5 on New Year's Eve. Ironically she too, has been able to chew her first gum. She actually asked for that from Santa so I figured she wanted it bad enough it was time to let her have it. Your kids are so cute!

Belkycita said...

Happy birthday S!!
She is surely cute! and has a great sense of fashion!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday to S#1! S#2 looks so big and handsome too! Wish I had caught on to that gum at five trick...

Cailean said...

Okay "bejeweled" is my new favorite word! Did you guys get a new camera? Your kids look a gazillion years older!! Something is different. S2's hair is so awesome. Happy Birthday to her!! Love the shoes! What a cutie :)

Kaeli & Kyle said...

Oh my! Your kids are so so so cute! S#1 was a doll to talk to on the pnone I laughed and laughed!

s g said...

Happy Birthday to the S's!!! I am loving the be-jeweled flats, how fun to go shopping with Daddy. She looks so grown up and read for Kindergarten, and Greg and I were totally digging S #2's hairstyle...sweet!

Langums said...

Hey Andrea,
I love seeing how fast the kids change and grow! It appears (via the blog :) that life is good! I am so happy for you guys. Take good care! Mollie

Ricki said...

Happy B-day (to both, right?)! I miss you guys!

In response: Nauseating was the right word. I would think even a really strong supporter would get tired of the quivering and fawning of the media. ;)

Shannon Morgan Photography - Bainbridge Island, WA Photographer said...

can you believe our babies are going to be FIVE!! she is so beautiful, and wow what a handsome little man you have!! we miss you guys!

Ashley K. said...

Love the new clothes... the shoes esp! Love you Siddy!!!

Ash and Bae

p.s. they both look adorable, i love Si's hair cut!

cherlyn and family said...

Happy Birthday! How cute are your kids.

Karen said...

I think she looks like her dad too! Happy birthday S! S#2 looks so old with his grown up hair...so cute!

Brooke said...

What a fun daddy daughter date! We love the shoes! Happy belated birthday Syd!

P.S. It is super cold here, too, and yet my house is STILL a mess!