Saturday, January 24, 2009

So fooled!

It is beautiful outside! I mean really, if I were in Seattle on a day like this I would have thought I must be in HEAVEN.

I am itching to go outside; thought I would take the kids on a walk.

I check the temperature.

This is what I see:


Sunny
-1°F
Feels Like -16°F


So rude I think Mr. Sunshine.

Yes, I know the SUN picture looks like a sunny side up egg.
Yes, I know it
can be colder and has been.
Yes, I know I can still go outside.
Yes Ash, you are over 60-degrees warmer than me.

Is there a positive to this? ABSOLUTELY!! I will get more done inside today. Maybe.

3 comments:

LizzyP said...

That's so funny that you mention getting more done. I've noticed, too, that I'm a little more productive in the winter. Joshua, on the other hand, gets much less exercise, and that's not so good. Trade-offs.

Hillary said...

Okay, so living here with this weather has necessitated a trip to the Wisconsin Dells every winter! You have gotta try it. You can just close your eyes, soak in the warmth, and pretend it is not 15 below outside! We have been to both the Wilderness and the Great Wolf Lodge, and our fave by far is the Great Wolf! The Wilderness is nice, but TOO BIG! The 3 indoor parks are far away from each other (meaning lots of walking in cold, wet swimsuits--not fun). If you want to splurge, go for the kids room at the Great Wolf, I think its called the Wolf's Den. It has a bunk bed hideaway for the kids with their own TV. So dig out the flip-flops and have fun!

s g said...

seriously, I am so sorry, I wish I could send you some warmth and love from the NW, but it snowed here today as well, although it didn't quite make it to -1 degree. what a bummer!!

time for a tropical get-away!!