Tuesday, March 17, 2009

One Year Older and Wiser Too

Our kids have Birthdays 2 years and 3 days apart. These delightful days also come less than one month after Christmas. I feel bad for the kiddos--I get excited about their special days, but sometimes there isn't a ounce of creativity left following the holidays. I often seriously consider celebrating their 1/2 Birthdays.

So, nearly TWO months have passed since the days occurred. What do ya say I bring you some photos? HA!


S#1 is a SWEET fiend. If I have enjoyed chocolate anywhere in the house and she is not present she soon will be--asking, "mom, did you just eat chocolate." WHAT?! She enjoyed cupcakes with perfectly chocolate frosting and sprinkles.

We had some friends come over in celebration of S#2's day. They were sweet and brought gifts. Dr. Cowboy actually made a rope maker to create one of the gifts--a rope so that we could lasso the kids. I think it may come in handy when I am out in public and getting those evil eyes from persons thinking my kids should be closer to me or on a leash of sorts.

Dr. Cowboy getting a tight hold on the Birthday Boy!

The A-Daddy had a bit of trouble catching the little man, but he's gotten a bit better since then!

Lastly, my littlest man is in love with Little Einsteins. His sister gave him a "rocket" for Christmas and it is a beloved toy. I attempted to make a "rocket" cake.

I am fearful that it was more of a carcinogen than a cake--that frosting took a lot of red food coloring--YIKES!

I am so thankful for my two little people and yeah, maybe we will celebrate 1/2 Birthdays just for kicks!

16 comments:

Krif said...

Great job with the cake. Matthew would love to have a rocket cake. Are you up for making another one in May?

Cailean said...

I hear ya - Julia's comes a month after Christmas and I still don't have energy then and Elizabeth and Elijah's are 15 days apart. Your kids look SO happy and enthralled with their cakes. It looks like you're having so much fun there in Madison. Not to alarm you but there was a house-painting truck outside your house here a week ago! I hope they don't paint it! I love the colors! Oh and earrings: it's sort of like biting with nursing - letting them know "ouch" and "no" a few times works well. I am considering cutting my hair again though. That hurts!

Belkycita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Belkycita said...

There you are!!!
I can;t believe how big they are now!
I like the rocket cake a LOT!
We just had Katrina's baby shower and we did the picture game you did for Amy. Larissa looks just like your kids when they are babies!!
At least to me they look like they are related, check it out!
http://knippersfamily.blogspot.com/2009/03/name-that-baby.html

p.s.sorry about the last comment, I can't type!!

Church Fam said...

loving the rocket cake! That red must of taken some effort to get. Such a cute family.

Jenni said...

I don't even know what carcinogan is, but the cake is ADORABLE! Good job mommy! cute cute kiddos!

Amy said...

You caught the look of joy on S#1's face amazingly well. Cute photos!

Katrina said...

Oh, they look so cute and happy. I miss those little munchkins! I can't wait 'til their next birthdays when we can be in on the celebrations (yes, I'm inviting our family to their birthday parties). : )

Kaeli & Kyle said...

I loved the pictures! I cant stop thiking of S#1 being so excited to chew gum! They are such cute kids, and I can't believe how grown up their getting. Cute Cake, and Cute House too!

LizzyP said...

Coloring frosting always ruins having to eat it later for me--all I can taste is the coloring. S1 is quite the little woman--she's so beautiful.

Heather said...

Oh my your kids are getting so big. I don't think we have even met your little man and he is already 2. We sure need to reconcile the lack of getting the gang together. Happy belated birthday kiddos!

Brooke said...

WANT perfectly chocolate frosting, LOVE the rocket cake! They are both so adorable.

Arbon Family said...

How cute are your kids and how awesome is that Rocket Cake! NICE JOB!!! I love it!

Shannon Morgan Photography - Bainbridge Island, WA Photographer said...

that would be awesome andrea!! i would love to see you and your beautiful family! let make that happen!!

cherlyn and family said...

Your kids are sure looking older in these pictures and Happy B-lated birthday to them.

Heather said...

We would love it you were able to stop through here again on your travels to ID. Keep us posted on your plans!